15 signs you grew up in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
The famous things you only got to see if you grew up in this famous market town.
Local radio stations, trips to the river and the famous shops of the town centre - a few things you'll remember if you grew up in Fakenham.
1. Listening to FTR FM, FCR or Central Norfolk Radio.
2. Visiting all the record shops in town to find your next favourite song.
3. Going to the Thursday market to find the best local products.
You may also want to watch:
4. Seeing everyone working at the printing works.
5. Selecting your weekend viewing and film snacks with a trip to Blockbusters.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
6. Parking the car in the town square and it didn't cost a penny.
7. Learning valuable life lessons at the scouts.
8. Showing off your best moves at the Friday community centre disco.
9. Spending evenings at Bullock Hill watching people on their motorcycles and quad bikes.
10. Summertime meant stocking up on ice cream and going down to the river for fishing and a swim.
11. Being treated to a meal at the Flip Side cafe.
12. Getting all your shopping needs at Aldiss.
13. You still remember spending Saturdays in Woolworths.
14. Treating your sweet tooth with a visit to Toppins or Benson sweet shop.
15. Taking a day trip to Wells on the Eastern Railway.