15 signs you grew up in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
The famous things you only got to see if you grew up in this famous market town.
Local radio stations, trips to the river and the famous shops of the town centre - a few things you'll remember if you grew up in Fakenham.
1. Listening to FTR FM, FCR or Central Norfolk Radio.
2. Visiting all the record shops in town to find your next favourite song.
3. Going to the Thursday market to find the best local products.
You may also want to watch:
4. Seeing everyone working at the printing works.
5. Selecting your weekend viewing and film snacks with a trip to Blockbusters.
- 1 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 2 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 5 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 6 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 7 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 8 In pictures: The Duke of Edinburgh in Norfolk
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
6. Parking the car in the town square and it didn't cost a penny.
7. Learning valuable life lessons at the scouts.
8. Showing off your best moves at the Friday community centre disco.
9. Spending evenings at Bullock Hill watching people on their motorcycles and quad bikes.
10. Summertime meant stocking up on ice cream and going down to the river for fishing and a swim.
11. Being treated to a meal at the Flip Side cafe.
12. Getting all your shopping needs at Aldiss.
13. You still remember spending Saturdays in Woolworths.
14. Treating your sweet tooth with a visit to Toppins or Benson sweet shop.
15. Taking a day trip to Wells on the Eastern Railway.