15 signs you grew up in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
The famous things you only got to see if you grew up in this famous market town.
Local radio stations, trips to the river and the famous shops of the town centre - a few things you'll remember if you grew up in Fakenham.
1. Listening to FTR FM, FCR or Central Norfolk Radio.
2. Visiting all the record shops in town to find your next favourite song.
3. Going to the Thursday market to find the best local products.
You may also want to watch:
4. Seeing everyone working at the printing works.
5. Selecting your weekend viewing and film snacks with a trip to Blockbusters.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies
6. Parking the car in the town square and it didn't cost a penny.
7. Learning valuable life lessons at the scouts.
8. Showing off your best moves at the Friday community centre disco.
9. Spending evenings at Bullock Hill watching people on their motorcycles and quad bikes.
10. Summertime meant stocking up on ice cream and going down to the river for fishing and a swim.
11. Being treated to a meal at the Flip Side cafe.
12. Getting all your shopping needs at Aldiss.
13. You still remember spending Saturdays in Woolworths.
14. Treating your sweet tooth with a visit to Toppins or Benson sweet shop.
15. Taking a day trip to Wells on the Eastern Railway.