15 signs you grew up in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
The famous things you only got to see if you grew up in this famous market town.
Local radio stations, trips to the river and the famous shops of the town centre - a few things you'll remember if you grew up in Fakenham.
1. Listening to FTR FM, FCR or Central Norfolk Radio.
2. Visiting all the record shops in town to find your next favourite song.
3. Going to the Thursday market to find the best local products.
4. Seeing everyone working at the printing works.
5. Selecting your weekend viewing and film snacks with a trip to Blockbusters.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
- 4 Like 'salt in the wound' - Councillor laments wind farm move
- 5 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 6 'Lucky' receptionist retires after 50 years at estate agents
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
- 9 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 10 Fisherman could close business after society rejects membership bids
6. Parking the car in the town square and it didn't cost a penny.
7. Learning valuable life lessons at the scouts.
8. Showing off your best moves at the Friday community centre disco.
9. Spending evenings at Bullock Hill watching people on their motorcycles and quad bikes.
10. Summertime meant stocking up on ice cream and going down to the river for fishing and a swim.
11. Being treated to a meal at the Flip Side cafe.
12. Getting all your shopping needs at Aldiss.
13. You still remember spending Saturdays in Woolworths.
14. Treating your sweet tooth with a visit to Toppins or Benson sweet shop.
15. Taking a day trip to Wells on the Eastern Railway.