15 signs you grew up in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
The famous things you only got to see if you grew up in this famous market town.
Local radio stations, trips to the river and the famous shops of the town centre - a few things you'll remember if you grew up in Fakenham.
1. Listening to FTR FM, FCR or Central Norfolk Radio.
2. Visiting all the record shops in town to find your next favourite song.
3. Going to the Thursday market to find the best local products.
4. Seeing everyone working at the printing works.
5. Selecting your weekend viewing and film snacks with a trip to Blockbusters.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 8 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 9 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
6. Parking the car in the town square and it didn't cost a penny.
7. Learning valuable life lessons at the scouts.
8. Showing off your best moves at the Friday community centre disco.
9. Spending evenings at Bullock Hill watching people on their motorcycles and quad bikes.
10. Summertime meant stocking up on ice cream and going down to the river for fishing and a swim.
11. Being treated to a meal at the Flip Side cafe.
12. Getting all your shopping needs at Aldiss.
13. You still remember spending Saturdays in Woolworths.
14. Treating your sweet tooth with a visit to Toppins or Benson sweet shop.
15. Taking a day trip to Wells on the Eastern Railway.