30,000 attend Fakenham church events
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.
The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
The two Christmas Eve Christmas Christingle Services, which saw 350 Christingles distributed, raised money for the Children's Society.
Work will start on the restoration of the church's south aisle floor at the beginning of January but the church will remain open to visitors and for services and events.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a Grand Book and Jigsaw Fayre on Saturday, January 24 at the church from 10am to 1pm.
People wanting to donate books and jigsaws can be leave them in the church or parish office, or they can call 01328 862268 to arrange for them to be collected.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
Every Tuesday the church will be open for a soup and roll lunch during the winter months as well as offering refreshments on market day.