30,000 attend Fakenham church events
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.
The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
The two Christmas Eve Christmas Christingle Services, which saw 350 Christingles distributed, raised money for the Children's Society.
Work will start on the restoration of the church's south aisle floor at the beginning of January but the church will remain open to visitors and for services and events.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a Grand Book and Jigsaw Fayre on Saturday, January 24 at the church from 10am to 1pm.
People wanting to donate books and jigsaws can be leave them in the church or parish office, or they can call 01328 862268 to arrange for them to be collected.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
Every Tuesday the church will be open for a soup and roll lunch during the winter months as well as offering refreshments on market day.