30,000 attend Fakenham church events
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.
The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
The two Christmas Eve Christmas Christingle Services, which saw 350 Christingles distributed, raised money for the Children's Society.
Work will start on the restoration of the church's south aisle floor at the beginning of January but the church will remain open to visitors and for services and events.
There will also be a Grand Book and Jigsaw Fayre on Saturday, January 24 at the church from 10am to 1pm.
People wanting to donate books and jigsaws can be leave them in the church or parish office, or they can call 01328 862268 to arrange for them to be collected.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
Every Tuesday the church will be open for a soup and roll lunch during the winter months as well as offering refreshments on market day.