30,000 attend Fakenham church events
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.
The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
The two Christmas Eve Christmas Christingle Services, which saw 350 Christingles distributed, raised money for the Children's Society.
Work will start on the restoration of the church's south aisle floor at the beginning of January but the church will remain open to visitors and for services and events.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a Grand Book and Jigsaw Fayre on Saturday, January 24 at the church from 10am to 1pm.
People wanting to donate books and jigsaws can be leave them in the church or parish office, or they can call 01328 862268 to arrange for them to be collected.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
Every Tuesday the church will be open for a soup and roll lunch during the winter months as well as offering refreshments on market day.