30,000 attend Fakenham church events
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
More than 30,000 people went to events and services at Fakenham Parish Church last month.
The church saw record attendances, and the highlight was the Eighth Christmas Tree Festival which raised �38,000 before expenses and distributed �22,000 to the 73 charities taking part.
The two Christmas Eve Christmas Christingle Services, which saw 350 Christingles distributed, raised money for the Children's Society.
Work will start on the restoration of the church's south aisle floor at the beginning of January but the church will remain open to visitors and for services and events.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a Grand Book and Jigsaw Fayre on Saturday, January 24 at the church from 10am to 1pm.
People wanting to donate books and jigsaws can be leave them in the church or parish office, or they can call 01328 862268 to arrange for them to be collected.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Every Tuesday the church will be open for a soup and roll lunch during the winter months as well as offering refreshments on market day.