RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- Credit: RNLI
RNLI Wells is adding 5,000 more names to the Duke of Edinburgh lifeboat due to demand.
The Launch a Memory campaign has already added 10,000 names to the Shannon class lifeboat being built for the Wells-Next-The-Sea RNLI station.
Members of the public can commemorate a loved one by donating to the RNLI and submitting a name.
The original 10,000 names are featured within the lifeboat's number decal 'RNLI 13-46', displayed on the hull.
The additional 5,000 names will be in a decal on the vessel's cabin.
The Shannon class lifeboat is the fastest all-weather boat in the RNLI fleet and was funded by The Lifeboat Fund and the Wells community.
There are three ways people can get the name of a loved one on the Launch a Memory lifeboat. Donations can be made online or by phone on 0300 300 99 90 (Monday to Friday 8am-6pm).
There is a suggested donation of £50 with space to commemorate up to 15,000 names on the lifeboat.
- 1 Wells Maltings plan events for Holocaust Memorial Day
- 2 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 3 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 4 'Best one to date' - Tide festival looks ahead to event
- 5 Tis the season: Fakenham store makes pair of generous donations
- 6 Restaurant and bakery business branches out - into beauty
- 7 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
- 8 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 9 A real catch - Unique Christmas tree back by popular demand
- 10 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed