A149 road works delayed
Work on a �500,000 road resurfacing scheme along the A149 coast road has been delayed until January 25 due to the snow and ice. Part of the A149 Stiffkey Road at Warham was due to close on Monday for about three weeks for the work.
Work on a �500,000 road resurfacing scheme along the A149 coast road has been delayed until January 25 due to the snow and ice.
Part of the A149 Stiffkey Road at Warham was due to close on Monday for about three weeks for the work.
It will extend from a point 500 metres east of the entrance to the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway through to the 30mph speed limit at Stiffkey.
It will involve the complete pulverisation and strengthening of the carriageway
A fully signed diversion via the B1105 Fakenham, A148 Brinton, B1156 Langham, B1158 Blakeney, A149 Stiffkey will be in place for the duration of the works.
Access to properties and businesses will be maintained, although it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
Norfolk County Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.