A149 road works delayed
Work on a �500,000 road resurfacing scheme along the A149 coast road has been delayed until January 25 due to the snow and ice. Part of the A149 Stiffkey Road at Warham was due to close on Monday for about three weeks for the work.
Work on a �500,000 road resurfacing scheme along the A149 coast road has been delayed until January 25 due to the snow and ice.
Part of the A149 Stiffkey Road at Warham was due to close on Monday for about three weeks for the work.
It will extend from a point 500 metres east of the entrance to the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway through to the 30mph speed limit at Stiffkey.
It will involve the complete pulverisation and strengthening of the carriageway
You may also want to watch:
A fully signed diversion via the B1105 Fakenham, A148 Brinton, B1156 Langham, B1158 Blakeney, A149 Stiffkey will be in place for the duration of the works.
Access to properties and businesses will be maintained, although it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 10 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
Norfolk County Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.