Active Fakenham new book will help to invest in local events
- Credit: Archant
Chairman of Active Fakenham said that all the money raised by the sale of their book will go back into local events.
The chairman of Active Fakenham said that all the money raised by the sale of his new book will be reinvested back into Fakenham events.
Richard Crook has chaired Active Fakenham since 2013, organising events across the town, such as the free music festival, 'get active' week and the duck and raft races.
Mr. Crook is launching his new book, Impressions on Fakenham this Friday, which will highlight the places and people in Fakenham.
The Market Town Initiative funded book showcases the racecourse, Pensthorpe, local businesses, sports clubs and many more.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking ahead of the book's launch, Mr. Crook said: "All these events are run on a shoestring. So any money raised from the sales will go back into the activities, and will make them all more sustainable."
The book is already on sale at the Info Hub, but will have a official open launch event this Friday, December 13 at Fakenham Library.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance