Active Fakenham new book will help to invest in local events
- Credit: Archant
Chairman of Active Fakenham said that all the money raised by the sale of their book will go back into local events.
The chairman of Active Fakenham said that all the money raised by the sale of his new book will be reinvested back into Fakenham events.
Richard Crook has chaired Active Fakenham since 2013, organising events across the town, such as the free music festival, 'get active' week and the duck and raft races.
Mr. Crook is launching his new book, Impressions on Fakenham this Friday, which will highlight the places and people in Fakenham.
The Market Town Initiative funded book showcases the racecourse, Pensthorpe, local businesses, sports clubs and many more.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking ahead of the book's launch, Mr. Crook said: "All these events are run on a shoestring. So any money raised from the sales will go back into the activities, and will make them all more sustainable."
The book is already on sale at the Info Hub, but will have a official open launch event this Friday, December 13 at Fakenham Library.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries