Photography competition aims to show north Norfolk market town in its best light
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk health and wellbeing group Active Fakenham is appealing to photography fans to focus on local landmarks and events, as part of a competition to portray the best of Fakenham and its people.
The contest, which will culminate in an exhibition around the town during the summer, is part of this year’s programme of Active Fakenham events, which will include a fun run, a Get Active in Fakenham week, a short film project, a music festival, a raft race, the annual Great Fakenham Duck Race, and, on April 21, an Easter fun day set to be live streamed around the world.
Photographer Roz Gordon, who is helping to organise the competition, said judges were looking for pictures that illustrated what is best about the town, from people enjoying taking part in events and activities, to local architecture, landscapes, culture and business.
“We will want to see that the picture is taken around Fakenham for it to count,” she added. “Permission must be obtained for any recognisable faces, but, most of all, we want people to enjoy getting creative with their cameras around the town.”
Active Fakenham chairman Richard Crook said photographs entered for the competition should portray Fakenham in a positive light.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There is plenty of subject matter and we are pleased to add this to our 2019 programme of activities. It’s the first time we have done this and we are looking forward to seeing some great images.”
Prizes include trophies and personal tuition from professional photographers, with winners also given a chance to have their images published and included in a Fakenham calendar.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 10 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
The competition is free to enter and photographs should be uploaded to the Active Fakenham website competition page. Image file size must be between 1MB and 4MB To enter, or for a full programme of events, visit www.activefakenham.org.uk. Competition updates will also be posted on the Active Fakenham Facebook page.
Around 1,000 peopl are expected to descend on the town for the Easter fun day, which runs from 10.30am-5pm on Easter Sunday and includes cycle racing, a 5k running race, a 1k fun run and a toddle ‘n’ trike event. Entry forms are available from the Active Fakenham website.