Photography competition aims to show north Norfolk market town in its best light
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk health and wellbeing group Active Fakenham is appealing to photography fans to focus on local landmarks and events, as part of a competition to portray the best of Fakenham and its people.
The contest, which will culminate in an exhibition around the town during the summer, is part of this year’s programme of Active Fakenham events, which will include a fun run, a Get Active in Fakenham week, a short film project, a music festival, a raft race, the annual Great Fakenham Duck Race, and, on April 21, an Easter fun day set to be live streamed around the world.
Photographer Roz Gordon, who is helping to organise the competition, said judges were looking for pictures that illustrated what is best about the town, from people enjoying taking part in events and activities, to local architecture, landscapes, culture and business.
“We will want to see that the picture is taken around Fakenham for it to count,” she added. “Permission must be obtained for any recognisable faces, but, most of all, we want people to enjoy getting creative with their cameras around the town.”
Active Fakenham chairman Richard Crook said photographs entered for the competition should portray Fakenham in a positive light.
He added: “There is plenty of subject matter and we are pleased to add this to our 2019 programme of activities. It’s the first time we have done this and we are looking forward to seeing some great images.”
Prizes include trophies and personal tuition from professional photographers, with winners also given a chance to have their images published and included in a Fakenham calendar.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 5 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 6 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 7 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 8 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Council set to sell mobile home site
The competition is free to enter and photographs should be uploaded to the Active Fakenham website competition page. Image file size must be between 1MB and 4MB To enter, or for a full programme of events, visit www.activefakenham.org.uk. Competition updates will also be posted on the Active Fakenham Facebook page.
Around 1,000 peopl are expected to descend on the town for the Easter fun day, which runs from 10.30am-5pm on Easter Sunday and includes cycle racing, a 5k running race, a 1k fun run and a toddle ‘n’ trike event. Entry forms are available from the Active Fakenham website.