Weather could postpone Fakenham riverside day
- Credit: Active Fakenham
A village riverside community day could be postponed as a result of the weather.
The Active Fakenham-run day, which is set for this Sunday, August 22, on the River Wensum, was set to feature a selection of events including a cardboard raft race, rubber duck races and live music. The event on Goggs Mill Road is set to return for the first time since 2019.
However, the wait may have to go on as early weather reports suggest Fakenham could be hit with thunder and lightning.
Richard Crook, chair of Active Fakenham, said: “Safety is our primary concern and there are suggestions of thunder and lightning. We are watching the weather closely and we will make a decision on Friday.
“We will provide an update for people on our website and over social media.
“We have not explored a backup day but are looking at one as a possibility.
You may also want to watch:
“Something will definitely happen.”
- 1 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 6 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 7 New £760k 'lifeline' Covid grant launched by council
- 8 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 9 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 10 Ukulele band prepares for first cabaret night in almost two years