Active Fakenham Week events announced with new cycle partnership
- Credit: Archant
The programme of events for this year’s Active Fakenham Week has been released, with events every day from Saturday August 17 to Sunday August 25.
The schedule begins with a free music festival in Fakenham Market Place on August 17 and finishes on August 25 with the Ride North Norfolk cycle ride, which has just found a new charity partnership.
Riders can support East Anglia's Children's Hopsices (EACH), with organiser Richard Crook saying: "We are pleased to support EACH, who do a tremendous job, and we will continue to support Fakenham's own charity First Focus as in previous years."
Riders can contact EACH in order to collect sponsorship for the charity, and donations from the event will go to First Focus.
Mr Crook encouraged riders of all abilities to come along: "These are fantastic routes and range from fairly easy to more demanding, so we think we have something for all."
You may also want to watch:
The ride offers free goodie bags, drinks bottles and massages to riders, with refreshments, food and 'famous' flapjacks on offer.
A range of literary events will be held at the library, ahead of the book festival being planned for Hallowe'en.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
Animals are welcome too, as Hempton Dog Show takes place on Sunday August 18. Those without pets can make their own in a sugar-paste animal modelling workshop, taking place in Sculthorpe on Friday August 23 and Saturday August 24.
The Hawk and Owl Trust will host a walk around Sculthorpe Moor nature reserve, led by a volunteer warden there.
Theatre, dance and ping pong are fused in pop-up performance Doubles, being shown in the market place on Wednesday August 21. For those looking to perform themselves, a singing, dancing and acting workshop will be held over two days at the town community centre.
Introductions and tasters across several sports will be available, including archery, family yoga and squash. For a less mobile option, gentle seated exercise will take place with First Focus, and people can come to a taster for card game bridge.
Mr Crook, one of the team behind the events, said "We have tried to keep them as low cost and open to people as possible. We're hoping to repeat the success we've had before."
Infomation about the events can be found on the Active Fakenham website.