Classical music to fill Nelson's former church
- Credit: Archant
Classical music from different eras is to fill Lord Nelson's former church as part of a series of concerts.
Daniel Murphy, who plays 17th century music on a lute and a similar instrument called a theorbo, will play at All Saints Church in Burnham Thorpe on September 3 at 7pm.
On September 4 at 7pm, Japanese-born virtuoso pianist Maki Sekiya will perform works by Beethoven, Debussy, Ravel and Chopin at the church.
Female singers The Samphires will perform on September 5 from 4pm, and Wells-next-the-Sea based husband and wife electric string duo Con Brio - made up of Brenda and Stephen Stewart - will play on September 10 at 7pm.
Ella McCready, who sings everything from rock to soul to jazz, will entertain at the church on September 11 at 7pm, and cellist Leo Popplewell and accompanist Antonina Suhanova will play on September 12 from 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve or book tickets email email@example.com or call 07989 177079
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 3 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 6 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 7 New £760k 'lifeline' Covid grant launched by council
- 8 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 9 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 10 Road blocked following accident