Amanda Holden, Pam Rhodes and Rick Wakeman pay tribute to Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Craig Middleton
Their thoughts are among messages from wellwishers published in Thursford - 40 Glorious Years, a celebration of the show's four decades.
This year's glittering production took to the stage for the first time yesterday after weeks of rehearsals.
Actress and Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden said: 'I spent several happy years in Norfolk, during which time my husband and I attended this Christmas show with our then only daughter Lexi. I could never believe such an extravaganza existed in a hidden gem of a village.'
Songs of praise presenter Pam Rhodes, another show regular, said: 'Thursford has put the sparkle into Christms for my family for years - and Santa must be very proud of his most efficient Christmas helper, John Cushing.
'From the ho, ho, ho, to the hallelujah, John has the magic touch to fill our hearts with Christmas wonder.'
You may also want to watch:
Musician Rick Wakeman adds: 'Christmas has always been special for me. Thursford's Christmas Spectacular makes it even more special.
'It is undoubtedly the finest Christmas show I have ever seen - it keeps you spellbound from start to finish.'
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Road blocked following accident
- 4 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 5 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 6 From wartime heritage to modern dentistry: MP's summer in Norfolk
- 7 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 8 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 9 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 10 Mid-Norfolk breweries were hearing about CO2 shortages "several weeks ago"
Produced in association with the EDP, 40 Glorious Years looks back at the show's humble beginnings with carols in a cowshed, and how it grew into the country's biggest festive production.
Founder John Cushing tells the incredible story in his own words, illustrated by unseen pictures from his archives.
Click here to buy online.