Amanda Holden, Pam Rhodes and Rick Wakeman pay tribute to Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Craig Middleton
Their thoughts are among messages from wellwishers published in Thursford - 40 Glorious Years, a celebration of the show's four decades.
This year's glittering production took to the stage for the first time yesterday after weeks of rehearsals.
Actress and Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden said: 'I spent several happy years in Norfolk, during which time my husband and I attended this Christmas show with our then only daughter Lexi. I could never believe such an extravaganza existed in a hidden gem of a village.'
Songs of praise presenter Pam Rhodes, another show regular, said: 'Thursford has put the sparkle into Christms for my family for years - and Santa must be very proud of his most efficient Christmas helper, John Cushing.
'From the ho, ho, ho, to the hallelujah, John has the magic touch to fill our hearts with Christmas wonder.'
Musician Rick Wakeman adds: 'Christmas has always been special for me. Thursford's Christmas Spectacular makes it even more special.
'It is undoubtedly the finest Christmas show I have ever seen - it keeps you spellbound from start to finish.'
- 1 Historic market town pub up for sale
- 2 Village green set ablaze as temperatures soar
- 3 New figures show assaults make up more than a quarter of crimes in Fakenham
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Drone pictures show of fire-scorched land in village
- 6 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 'Revolutionary' laundromat arrives in Fakenham
- 9 Food review: 'The paella at Bang In Wells is sunshine in a bowl'
- 10 Man's body found on north Norfolk beach
Produced in association with the EDP, 40 Glorious Years looks back at the show's humble beginnings with carols in a cowshed, and how it grew into the country's biggest festive production.
Founder John Cushing tells the incredible story in his own words, illustrated by unseen pictures from his archives.
Click here to buy online.