Lollies and apple bobbing keep animals cool at Norfolk zoo
- Credit: Archant
As we all do our best to keep cool, spare a thought for the animals in our Norfolk zoos.
Amazona Zoo in Cromer is home to South American wildlife including jaguars, monkeys, snakes, flamingos and tapirs.
At the zoo, staff are on hand to keep all their animals cool during what is the hottest day of the year.
All the staff are ensuring that the animals and birds have enough shade and shelter to escape the heat.
One set of animals are being entertained as well as keeping cool.
MORE: Too hot for fish and chips! Scorching weather sees tourists swelter on Norfolk coastImogen White, zoo manager at Amazona Zoo said: ‘The tapirs are kept entertained with the water apple bobbing. They also enjoy the shade.”
You may also want to watch:
They say all primates at the zoo will be given fruit ice lollies to help keep them all cool against the sawing temperatures.
The zoo manager added: “We are all prepared to keep all the animals and birds hydrated and shaded.”
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
- 9 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 10 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water