American classics to star in Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival
- Credit: Matthew Usher
American classic cars and bikes are set to take centre stage at this year’s Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival as the popular event returns for a fifth year.
On Sunday, September 30, more than 100 vintage, veteran, classic and rare cars and bikes are expected to descend on the market town for the festival which attracts collectors and car enthusiasts from across Norfolk.
With previous festivals focussing on vehicles from Britain, Italy and Germany this year’s event with have a distinctly transatlantic feel as the town plays host to classic American cars and bikes from the 1940s, 50s and 60s as well as bands performing music from the era.
A bold period for American car design, the 40s, 50s and 60s have become synonymous with cars which oozed opulence and luxury as manufacturers in Detroit piled on the chrome and built cars which where bigger and faster than ever before.
Be it Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, a Ford, Lincoln or Pontiac, the town’s market place will welcome them all allowing owners and enthusiasts to appreciate the American classics in all their glory..
You may also want to watch:
A similarly exciting time for bike manufacturing, the 1940s saw Harley Davidson and Indian motorcycles become the bike of choice as cafe racing, a trend which embodied the free spirit of the road - gained popularity. In the 1960s a further rise in the counterculture saw an explosion of biker gangs taking the American classics to their hearts.
There will be live music in the Kings Arms courtyard, courtesy of the Hal Wrayzer Combo and a wide choice of food available from Diane’s Pantry, V’s Café, Lilwalls, The King’s Arms and the Dial House.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
A spokesperson for the event said: “Come as an exhibitor and join the line-up of some of the county’s finest classic American cars and
bikes or come as a visitor and stroll through a large slice of American motoring history.”
Reepham Classic car and bike festival will take place in Reepham Market Place from 11am-4pm.
Only registered exhibitors with numbered passes will be allowed access to the Market Place. To register your car, bike or club members for the event, contact Hugh or Peter at email@example.com or 01603 871102.