American classics to star in Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival
- Credit: Matthew Usher
American classic cars and bikes are set to take centre stage at this year’s Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival as the popular event returns for a fifth year.
On Sunday, September 30, more than 100 vintage, veteran, classic and rare cars and bikes are expected to descend on the market town for the festival which attracts collectors and car enthusiasts from across Norfolk.
With previous festivals focussing on vehicles from Britain, Italy and Germany this year’s event with have a distinctly transatlantic feel as the town plays host to classic American cars and bikes from the 1940s, 50s and 60s as well as bands performing music from the era.
A bold period for American car design, the 40s, 50s and 60s have become synonymous with cars which oozed opulence and luxury as manufacturers in Detroit piled on the chrome and built cars which where bigger and faster than ever before.
Be it Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, a Ford, Lincoln or Pontiac, the town’s market place will welcome them all allowing owners and enthusiasts to appreciate the American classics in all their glory..
A similarly exciting time for bike manufacturing, the 1940s saw Harley Davidson and Indian motorcycles become the bike of choice as cafe racing, a trend which embodied the free spirit of the road - gained popularity. In the 1960s a further rise in the counterculture saw an explosion of biker gangs taking the American classics to their hearts.
There will be live music in the Kings Arms courtyard, courtesy of the Hal Wrayzer Combo and a wide choice of food available from Diane’s Pantry, V’s Café, Lilwalls, The King’s Arms and the Dial House.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 5 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 6 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 7 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 8 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Council set to sell mobile home site
A spokesperson for the event said: “Come as an exhibitor and join the line-up of some of the county’s finest classic American cars and
bikes or come as a visitor and stroll through a large slice of American motoring history.”
Reepham Classic car and bike festival will take place in Reepham Market Place from 11am-4pm.
Only registered exhibitors with numbered passes will be allowed access to the Market Place. To register your car, bike or club members for the event, contact Hugh or Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 871102.