Annual Beating Retreat and Concert at Thursford Collection
- Credit: Archant
The British Army Band Colchester will entertain hundreds of people at the annual Beating Retreat and Concert, held at the Thursford Collection.
ABF The Soldiers' Charity Norfolk Committee's major fundraising event of the year takes place at 7pm on Tuesday, September 10.
Committee chairman Brigadier Patrick Davison-Houston said: "We are delighted to have The British Army Band from Colchester, formerly The Band of the Parachute Regiment.
"They will put on a great show of precision marching and playing during the ceremony of Beating Retreat followed by a thoroughly entertaining concert on the famous stage of the Thursford Collection theatre.
"This year's event is a very special one marking the 75th anniversary of the formation of the ABF the Soldiers' Charity.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be a most enjoyable evening with music for all tastes in a very relaxed and informal setting.
"We hope that it will appeal to people of all ages. It is the major fund-raising activity for the ABF The Soldiers' Charity in Norfolk in 2019 and is only made possible by the very generous help and support of The Thursford Collection and the Cushing family, to whom we are most grateful."
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
The evening gets underway at 7pm when the band will march onto the parade square, formed from part of the Thursford car park, to Beat Retreat.
This will last half an hour after which there is an hour interval for guests to have supper and refreshments before the concert starts inside the theatre at 8.30pm.
The concert will last an hour and a half, with a 15-minute interval, to finish at 10pm. Guests can buy supper in the Thursford dining room and the theatre bar will be open.
ABF The Soldiers' Charity has been in existence since 1944 when, as the Army Benevolent Fund, it was established to provide support for all serving soldiers, veterans and dependents in need.
Tickets can be purchased by post from: The Thursford Collection, Norfolk NR21 0AS, enclosing SAE, or by telephoning on 01328 878 477. The ticket price is £22 per adult and children 15 and under half price.