Backpackers' hostel shortlisted for award
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.
Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
The aim of sustainable tourism is to ensure that development is a positive experience for local people, tourism companies and tourists.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping started as a single camping paddock in 1979 used only through July and August.
You may also want to watch:
Now it has many environmentally friendly schemes to aid in waste reduction, recycling, use of renewable energies, and water consumption reduction.
Deepdale also runs environmental events such as a conservation weekend and Earthday.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
“We take our responsibilities seriously here at Deepdale and know that we are an integral part of the local community and the global community. Without the support of the residents the development of Deepdale would have been much more difficult and without Deepdale, the local community would not have the same access to facilities that they do now,” said Louise Smith, managing director.
The awards ceremony is today(Oct 29).
For more information about Deepdale Backpackers and Camping visit www.deepdalebackpackers.co.uk