Backpackers' hostel shortlisted for award
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.
Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
The aim of sustainable tourism is to ensure that development is a positive experience for local people, tourism companies and tourists.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping started as a single camping paddock in 1979 used only through July and August.
You may also want to watch:
Now it has many environmentally friendly schemes to aid in waste reduction, recycling, use of renewable energies, and water consumption reduction.
Deepdale also runs environmental events such as a conservation weekend and Earthday.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
“We take our responsibilities seriously here at Deepdale and know that we are an integral part of the local community and the global community. Without the support of the residents the development of Deepdale would have been much more difficult and without Deepdale, the local community would not have the same access to facilities that they do now,” said Louise Smith, managing director.
The awards ceremony is today(Oct 29).
For more information about Deepdale Backpackers and Camping visit www.deepdalebackpackers.co.uk