Backpackers' hostel shortlisted for award
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping has been shortlisted for the 2009 East of England Sustainable Tourism Award.
Sustainable tourism is an industry committed to making a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate income and employment for local people.
The aim of sustainable tourism is to ensure that development is a positive experience for local people, tourism companies and tourists.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping started as a single camping paddock in 1979 used only through July and August.
You may also want to watch:
Now it has many environmentally friendly schemes to aid in waste reduction, recycling, use of renewable energies, and water consumption reduction.
Deepdale also runs environmental events such as a conservation weekend and Earthday.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
“We take our responsibilities seriously here at Deepdale and know that we are an integral part of the local community and the global community. Without the support of the residents the development of Deepdale would have been much more difficult and without Deepdale, the local community would not have the same access to facilities that they do now,” said Louise Smith, managing director.
The awards ceremony is today(Oct 29).
For more information about Deepdale Backpackers and Camping visit www.deepdalebackpackers.co.uk