Bang goes Fakenham fireworks record
Ian Clarke A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.
“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
He was among a group of people who first started the event 19 years ago and thousands of pounds of fireworks were sent into the air on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
The final firework went 1000ft in the air and spread 500ft wide.
Mr Lingwood said: “We have had so many phone calls from people saying they had never seen anything like it. It was certainly our biggest ever display and we could not have wished for better weather.”
- 1 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 5 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 6 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 7 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
The event was raising money for the Help For Heroes charity and personnel from the Light Dragoons army regiment at Swanton Morley were there and youngsters enjoyed climbing on one of their tanks.