Bang goes Fakenham fireworks record
Ian Clarke A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.
“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
He was among a group of people who first started the event 19 years ago and thousands of pounds of fireworks were sent into the air on Saturday night.
The final firework went 1000ft in the air and spread 500ft wide.
Mr Lingwood said: “We have had so many phone calls from people saying they had never seen anything like it. It was certainly our biggest ever display and we could not have wished for better weather.”
- 1 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 2 Work under way to stabilise 'carbuncle' property
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Plans for jubilee celebrations in Wells revealed
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Estate bringing back Feast in the Park with local street food traders
- 8 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
The event was raising money for the Help For Heroes charity and personnel from the Light Dragoons army regiment at Swanton Morley were there and youngsters enjoyed climbing on one of their tanks.