Bang goes Fakenham fireworks record
Ian Clarke A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.
“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
He was among a group of people who first started the event 19 years ago and thousands of pounds of fireworks were sent into the air on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
The final firework went 1000ft in the air and spread 500ft wide.
Mr Lingwood said: “We have had so many phone calls from people saying they had never seen anything like it. It was certainly our biggest ever display and we could not have wished for better weather.”
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
The event was raising money for the Help For Heroes charity and personnel from the Light Dragoons army regiment at Swanton Morley were there and youngsters enjoyed climbing on one of their tanks.