Bang goes Fakenham fireworks record
Ian Clarke A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.
“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
He was among a group of people who first started the event 19 years ago and thousands of pounds of fireworks were sent into the air on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
The final firework went 1000ft in the air and spread 500ft wide.
Mr Lingwood said: “We have had so many phone calls from people saying they had never seen anything like it. It was certainly our biggest ever display and we could not have wished for better weather.”
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 7 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 8 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
The event was raising money for the Help For Heroes charity and personnel from the Light Dragoons army regiment at Swanton Morley were there and youngsters enjoyed climbing on one of their tanks.