Bang goes Fakenham fireworks record
Ian Clarke A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
A record crowd of about 5500 enjoyed a firework display to remember at Fakenham Racecourse.
“It was by far the biggest turnout we have had and it went exceptionally well,” was the verdict of one of the organisers John Lingwood, of Fakenham and District Chamber of Trade.
He was among a group of people who first started the event 19 years ago and thousands of pounds of fireworks were sent into the air on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
The final firework went 1000ft in the air and spread 500ft wide.
Mr Lingwood said: “We have had so many phone calls from people saying they had never seen anything like it. It was certainly our biggest ever display and we could not have wished for better weather.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
The event was raising money for the Help For Heroes charity and personnel from the Light Dragoons army regiment at Swanton Morley were there and youngsters enjoyed climbing on one of their tanks.