Bikers and farmers head out for Norfolk Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bikers and farmers will come together this Saturday to celebrate Norfolk Day in Fakenham Market Place.
Enthusiasts from across the UK will come to Fakenham Racecourse for the massive annual Harley Davidson Rally, before heading into the centre of town, where the Farmers' Market will be held.
Bikers will be met by watching crowds, live music and a barbecue by Papworth's Butchers, from around 9am. Liam O'Sullivan, owner of the Gallery Bistro on the Market Place and one of the organisers of the event there, said: "This is the fourth town centre event we have done, and every year it has got bigger and better.
"We always hope to attract more. We will also be raising money for charity at the event, so we hope to see many enjoying the spectacle."
The convoy will then ride out from 10.30am, heading to the north Norfolk coast. They will visit Barsham, Walsingham and Holkham, arriving at Holkham Hall at 11.30am.
The bikes will then head to Wells' sea front 15 minutes later, before heading through Stiffkey and Blakeney, aiming to arrive for the Sheringham 12.15am. More than 400 Harleys will be greeted there by the mayor, ahead of the Ride-in Street Party which brings crowds every year.
The Fenlanders Chapter of the Harley Owners Club organises the event. Neil Billig, director, said: "With less than a week to go, all hands are on deck to make sure everything goes smoothly. Thank you to Fakenham Racecourse for hosting us again."
- 1 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 2 Council set to sell mobile home site
- 3 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 4 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 5 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 6 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 7 'Ecstatic and surprised' - Crab restaurant nominated for national awards
- 8 Well-wishers bid farewell to lifeboat legend David Cox
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Apprentice star Alan Sugar visits Norfolk village for pub lunch
Riders have said they appreciate people's patience as they wind their way around the countryside, but hope to see plenty of waves from the public and the sea.
The rally is in it's 17th year, while the Farmers' Market is 18 this year. Traders will set out their stalls, bringing premium produce with low food miles to Fakenham Market Place.
Janet Holdom of the Fakenham Area Partnership said: "Whether it's free range eggs and poultry, cheeses, fruit and juices, prime Aberdeen Angus beef, fresh Blakeney fish and seafood or artisan breads and pastries, you can celebrate county life through the best of Norfolk food."
The Hempton Bell and the Wensum Lodge Hotel will also be selling Pond Hopper beer, brewed specially for the day from Norfolk, Virginia, in the USA.