Black actor found for starring Fame role
The search to find a black actor to play a key role in a Fakenham production of Fame - The Musical is over.Fakenham & District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) had appealed through the media for an actor to come forward to portray the cool, streetwise black pupil Tyrone.
The search to find a black actor to play a key role in a Fakenham production of Fame - The Musical is over.
Fakenham & District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) had appealed through the media for an actor to come forward to portray the cool, streetwise black pupil Tyrone. Sixteen-year-old City College Norwich performing arts and dance student Luke Phillips answered the call and has passed his audition.
Luke says he is more of a dancer than a singer and actor, but he is being given singing coaching for his role, which involves two solo numbers.
“I am really pleased to have been given the part and feel very privileged to be in the show,” said Luke, of Sprowston in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It was a bit daunting at first because I didn't know any of the cast, but I have made friends straightaway and am really enjoying the rehearsals.”
A delighted FADLOS chairman, Ben Francis, said: “It would have been virtually impossible to perform Fame without the character of Tyrone and all the hard work the cast, have already put in would have been wasted.”
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced