Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
You may also want to watch:
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.