Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 8 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 9 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 10 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.