Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
- 4 Like 'salt in the wound' - Councillor laments wind farm move
- 5 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 6 'Lucky' receptionist retires after 50 years at estate agents
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 School's new classroom unveiled following £100,000 fundraiser
- 9 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
- 10 Leisure centres to stay open despite rising costs, says council
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.