Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
You may also want to watch:
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 8 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.