Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
You may also want to watch:
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 2 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 5 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 6 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 7 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 8 In pictures: The Duke of Edinburgh in Norfolk
- 9 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 10 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.