Burnham Market hat shop to expand
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
A Burnham Market hat shop that began life 20 years ago has expanded for the third time because of customer demand.
The Hat Shop has recently seen the addition of 900sq ft of floor space by extending above the adjoining family butcher's shop to create a country accessories room.
“When I began 20 years ago, I started with two rooms in a house fronting the village green,” said owner Gloria Hurn.
“Then it went to four, six, eight and then 11. Now I have an extension over the butcher's, but that's as far as I can go unless I go underground.
You may also want to watch:
The shop - which has about 5,000 hats in stock - is thought to be the biggest hat shop in the country.
But as well as the business's core product, it also sells �1 pocket-money items - including toys and jewellery - for children, as well as jams and preserves. There is a candle room, a craft room and now, occupying part of the new extension, the country accessories room.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 10 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
Mrs Hurn also has shops in Wells and Walsingham.