Fakenham businesses hailed for sponsoring Christmas lights
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Businesses in Fakenham have been saluted for sponsoring enhancements to the town's Christmas lights.
Traders have covered the cost of this year's installation costs and improvements.
The lights, which are set to be switched on this Saturday (November 27), are organised by the Fakenham Area Partnership (FAP).
The group upgraded the display between 2008 and 2010 with LED lights, but required further replacements this year.
Thanks to sponsors, Christmas tree lights have been restrung and multicoloured features introduced - reviving the display's brilliance.
Sponsors include: Town Council Market Tolls, HSBC, Aldiss, Kinnerton, Stephenson Smart, Butcher Andrews, Hayes & Storr, Tesco, W. Parker, Allen Tomas, Specsavers, Gatsbys, Betfred, Benbow, Splitz, Thain&Wildbur.
FAP coordinator Janet Holdom said: "The project investment is not just for now, but the next decade or so.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 5 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 6 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 7 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 8 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Council set to sell mobile home site
"We’re trying to manage resources for sustainability and future mid-winter lights festivals."