McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- Credit: Archant
More than a dozen McDonald's restaurants across Norfolk are hiring new staff as the fast food giant embarks on a huge recruitment drive.
It is looking to fill 20,000 roles across the UK, with 50 new restaurants planned nationwide and in anticipation of social distancing rules being relaxed in the future – so more staff can work at once.
McDonald's has 1,400 restaurants across the country, with 20 currently in Norfolk.
Now, 16 of those are hiring, including six in and around Norwich.
Roles are currently available at the restaurants in Barrett Road, at Thickthorn, at Longwater, in Boundary Road, at the Asda on Drayton High Road and at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, jobs are also going at three eateries in Great Yarmouth, two more in King's Lynn and others in Brundall, Wroxham, Cromer, Swaffham and Snetterton.
Chief executive Paul Pomroy said: "It’s fantastic to be able to offer an additional 20,000 people an opportunity to work with us."
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 3 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 6 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 7 New £760k 'lifeline' Covid grant launched by council
- 8 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 9 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 10 Road blocked following accident