What can stay open in the new lockdown?
- Credit: Archant
Firms and stores offering essential services and goods can remain open under the government's Covid rules.
Also, the majority of public services will continue and people will be able to leave home to visit them.
Businesses allowed to remain open include:
Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
Market stalls selling essential retail
Businesses providing repair services
Petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
Banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
Laundrettes and dry cleaners
Medical and dental services
Vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals
Animal rescue centres, boarding facilities and animal groomers (may continue to be used for animal welfare, rather than aesthetic purposes)
Agricultural supplies shops
Mobility and disability support shops
Storage and distribution facilities
Car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas
Outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
Estate agents; see here for more advice
Places of worship
Crematoriums and burial grounds
Public services include:
The NHS and medical services like GPs and dentists.
Jobcentre Plus sites
Courts and probation services
Civil registrations offices
Passport and visa services
Services provided to victims
Waste or recycling centres
Getting an MOT, if you need to drive when lawfully leaving home