Can you help Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club raise money for new equipment?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club has more than 100 members and meets most evenings at the Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
It caters for everyone from pre-school youngsters to adults, under head coach Anne-Marrie Cooke. Members come from as far afield as King’s Lynn and Norwich.
Anne-Marrie said the club was constantly looking for funding to maintain and improve on its equipment.
“We have a target set for the coming year to upgrade our asymetric bars and high bars to provide our elite gymnasts the best opportunity to improve and progress,” she said.
“This equipment, with all the safety mats and installation requirements would exceed £10,000 alone, and this is only a small proportion off the plans and ideas the club would love to achieve.”
You may also want to watch:
Longer term, the club would hope to revamp parts of the centre it uses. The club, which has raised more than £1,300 since the start of the year, also has to ensure coaching staff are trained and qualified.
It’s looking for a business sponsor or sponsors to invest in return for advertising and brand awareness.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
If you can help out, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.