Can you help Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club raise money for new equipment?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club has more than 100 members and meets most evenings at the Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
It caters for everyone from pre-school youngsters to adults, under head coach Anne-Marrie Cooke. Members come from as far afield as King’s Lynn and Norwich.
Anne-Marrie said the club was constantly looking for funding to maintain and improve on its equipment.
“We have a target set for the coming year to upgrade our asymetric bars and high bars to provide our elite gymnasts the best opportunity to improve and progress,” she said.
“This equipment, with all the safety mats and installation requirements would exceed £10,000 alone, and this is only a small proportion off the plans and ideas the club would love to achieve.”
Longer term, the club would hope to revamp parts of the centre it uses. The club, which has raised more than £1,300 since the start of the year, also has to ensure coaching staff are trained and qualified.
It’s looking for a business sponsor or sponsors to invest in return for advertising and brand awareness.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 6 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 7 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 8 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 9 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
If you can help out, e-mail email@example.com.