Can you help Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club raise money for new equipment?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club has more than 100 members and meets most evenings at the Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
It caters for everyone from pre-school youngsters to adults, under head coach Anne-Marrie Cooke. Members come from as far afield as King’s Lynn and Norwich.
Anne-Marrie said the club was constantly looking for funding to maintain and improve on its equipment.
“We have a target set for the coming year to upgrade our asymetric bars and high bars to provide our elite gymnasts the best opportunity to improve and progress,” she said.
“This equipment, with all the safety mats and installation requirements would exceed £10,000 alone, and this is only a small proportion off the plans and ideas the club would love to achieve.”
You may also want to watch:
Longer term, the club would hope to revamp parts of the centre it uses. The club, which has raised more than £1,300 since the start of the year, also has to ensure coaching staff are trained and qualified.
It’s looking for a business sponsor or sponsors to invest in return for advertising and brand awareness.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
If you can help out, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.