Can you help Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club raise money for new equipment?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Fakenham and Necton Gymnastics Club has more than 100 members and meets most evenings at the Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
It caters for everyone from pre-school youngsters to adults, under head coach Anne-Marrie Cooke. Members come from as far afield as King’s Lynn and Norwich.
Anne-Marrie said the club was constantly looking for funding to maintain and improve on its equipment.
“We have a target set for the coming year to upgrade our asymetric bars and high bars to provide our elite gymnasts the best opportunity to improve and progress,” she said.
“This equipment, with all the safety mats and installation requirements would exceed £10,000 alone, and this is only a small proportion off the plans and ideas the club would love to achieve.”
Longer term, the club would hope to revamp parts of the centre it uses. The club, which has raised more than £1,300 since the start of the year, also has to ensure coaching staff are trained and qualified.
It’s looking for a business sponsor or sponsors to invest in return for advertising and brand awareness.
- 1 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 2 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 5 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 6 New special school opens doors to first students
- 7 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
If you can help out, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.