Driver injured after car flips onto roof
- Credit: Contributed
A motorist escaped with minor injuries after his vehicle flipped onto its roof after hitting a parked car.
Police were called to an overturned car on Norwich Road, Fakenham, near the junction with Mission Lane. The car was turned onto its roof by the side of the road after hitting a parked vehicle.
The driver, a man in his 20s, freed himself from the car, and nearby residents rushed to his aid. Police and paramedics arrived shortly after, before the man made his own way to hospital.
Nearby resident Curtis Walter said: "The bang was very loud, but everyone soon sprang to action when it happened. My neighbours looked after the man's wounds while we waited for the ambulance.
"I was shocked as I'd never been so close to an accident before. Everyone who helped was incredible, it shows how good the Fakenham community is."
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the incident at around 7.50pm on Tuesday, August 6.
The car was towed away and the road made safe before 9pm.
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback