Driver injured after car flips onto roof
- Credit: Contributed
A motorist escaped with minor injuries after his vehicle flipped onto its roof after hitting a parked car.
Police were called to an overturned car on Norwich Road, Fakenham, near the junction with Mission Lane. The car was turned onto its roof by the side of the road after hitting a parked vehicle.
The driver, a man in his 20s, freed himself from the car, and nearby residents rushed to his aid. Police and paramedics arrived shortly after, before the man made his own way to hospital.
Nearby resident Curtis Walter said: "The bang was very loud, but everyone soon sprang to action when it happened. My neighbours looked after the man's wounds while we waited for the ambulance.
"I was shocked as I'd never been so close to an accident before. Everyone who helped was incredible, it shows how good the Fakenham community is."
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the incident at around 7.50pm on Tuesday, August 6.
The car was towed away and the road made safe before 9pm.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 10 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event