Driver injured after car flips onto roof
- Credit: Contributed
A motorist escaped with minor injuries after his vehicle flipped onto its roof after hitting a parked car.
Police were called to an overturned car on Norwich Road, Fakenham, near the junction with Mission Lane. The car was turned onto its roof by the side of the road after hitting a parked vehicle.
The driver, a man in his 20s, freed himself from the car, and nearby residents rushed to his aid. Police and paramedics arrived shortly after, before the man made his own way to hospital.
Nearby resident Curtis Walter said: "The bang was very loud, but everyone soon sprang to action when it happened. My neighbours looked after the man's wounds while we waited for the ambulance.
"I was shocked as I'd never been so close to an accident before. Everyone who helped was incredible, it shows how good the Fakenham community is."
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the incident at around 7.50pm on Tuesday, August 6.
The car was towed away and the road made safe before 9pm.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 6 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 World War One commemorative statue stolen