Driver injured after car flips onto roof
- Credit: Contributed
A motorist escaped with minor injuries after his vehicle flipped onto its roof after hitting a parked car.
Police were called to an overturned car on Norwich Road, Fakenham, near the junction with Mission Lane. The car was turned onto its roof by the side of the road after hitting a parked vehicle.
The driver, a man in his 20s, freed himself from the car, and nearby residents rushed to his aid. Police and paramedics arrived shortly after, before the man made his own way to hospital.
Nearby resident Curtis Walter said: "The bang was very loud, but everyone soon sprang to action when it happened. My neighbours looked after the man's wounds while we waited for the ambulance.
"I was shocked as I'd never been so close to an accident before. Everyone who helped was incredible, it shows how good the Fakenham community is."
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the incident at around 7.50pm on Tuesday, August 6.
The car was towed away and the road made safe before 9pm.
- 1 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 7 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 8 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 9 'Please, please, please support local' - Landlords' plea for support when lockdown ends
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%