Road closed after 4x4 overturns
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed after a 4x4 overturned leaving the driver uninjured, police have confirmed.
Part of the B1146 Dereham Road, between Fakenham and Dereham, was closed after a Land Rover flipped onto its roof early on Friday morning.
Roads outside Colkirk, two miles south of Fakenham, have been closed by police.
The incident happened on a narrow stretch of road, which was still closed at 12.30pm.
Police diverted traffic through Great Ryburgh for traffic heading northbound, and through Colkirk for traffic southbound.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 8:27am to the B1146 at the Colkirk bend towards Dereham, to a single-vehicle road traffic collision.
"A Land Rover vehicle had overturned, blocking the Dereham-bound carriageway.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 6 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 7 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 8 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 9 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
"No injuries were sustained. The Highways agency have been called to deal with the road blockage."