Road closed after 4x4 overturns
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed after a 4x4 overturned leaving the driver uninjured, police have confirmed.
Part of the B1146 Dereham Road, between Fakenham and Dereham, was closed after a Land Rover flipped onto its roof early on Friday morning.
Roads outside Colkirk, two miles south of Fakenham, have been closed by police.
The incident happened on a narrow stretch of road, which was still closed at 12.30pm.
Police diverted traffic through Great Ryburgh for traffic heading northbound, and through Colkirk for traffic southbound.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 8:27am to the B1146 at the Colkirk bend towards Dereham, to a single-vehicle road traffic collision.
"A Land Rover vehicle had overturned, blocking the Dereham-bound carriageway.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
"No injuries were sustained. The Highways agency have been called to deal with the road blockage."