Road closed after 4x4 overturns
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed after a 4x4 overturned leaving the driver uninjured, police have confirmed.
Part of the B1146 Dereham Road, between Fakenham and Dereham, was closed after a Land Rover flipped onto its roof early on Friday morning.
Roads outside Colkirk, two miles south of Fakenham, have been closed by police.
The incident happened on a narrow stretch of road, which was still closed at 12.30pm.
Police diverted traffic through Great Ryburgh for traffic heading northbound, and through Colkirk for traffic southbound.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 8:27am to the B1146 at the Colkirk bend towards Dereham, to a single-vehicle road traffic collision.
"A Land Rover vehicle had overturned, blocking the Dereham-bound carriageway.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
"No injuries were sustained. The Highways agency have been called to deal with the road blockage."