Road closed after 4x4 overturns
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed after a 4x4 overturned leaving the driver uninjured, police have confirmed.
Part of the B1146 Dereham Road, between Fakenham and Dereham, was closed after a Land Rover flipped onto its roof early on Friday morning.
Roads outside Colkirk, two miles south of Fakenham, have been closed by police.
The incident happened on a narrow stretch of road, which was still closed at 12.30pm.
Police diverted traffic through Great Ryburgh for traffic heading northbound, and through Colkirk for traffic southbound.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 8:27am to the B1146 at the Colkirk bend towards Dereham, to a single-vehicle road traffic collision.
"A Land Rover vehicle had overturned, blocking the Dereham-bound carriageway.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
"No injuries were sustained. The Highways agency have been called to deal with the road blockage."