Care home residents celebrate a decade of Dorrington House
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Wells care home celebrated the home’s tenth anniversary with a birthday party.
Dorrington House is home to 38 residents, mostly aged between 80 to 100.
Staff and residents marked a decade since the home was founded on May 11, the day before the real anniversary.
Home owner Lorraine Dorrington said: “I can’t believe the ten years have gone so quickly.
“We had a BBQ lunch for the residents in the lounge, a visit from the local school children, an entertainer and a buffet tea and birthday cake.
You may also want to watch:
“One lovely resident really enjoyed the singer and she was dancing.”
She described the day as really special, and thanked home manager Sotak Rapley and office administrator Helen Shaw for their efforts organising the celebration.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
Dorrington House is on Westfield Avenue in Wells.
The home is rated good by the Care Quality Commission, and has other branches in Dereham and Watton.