Care home residents celebrate a decade of Dorrington House
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Wells care home celebrated the home’s tenth anniversary with a birthday party.
Dorrington House is home to 38 residents, mostly aged between 80 to 100.
Staff and residents marked a decade since the home was founded on May 11, the day before the real anniversary.
Home owner Lorraine Dorrington said: “I can’t believe the ten years have gone so quickly.
“We had a BBQ lunch for the residents in the lounge, a visit from the local school children, an entertainer and a buffet tea and birthday cake.
You may also want to watch:
“One lovely resident really enjoyed the singer and she was dancing.”
She described the day as really special, and thanked home manager Sotak Rapley and office administrator Helen Shaw for their efforts organising the celebration.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Dorrington House is on Westfield Avenue in Wells.
The home is rated good by the Care Quality Commission, and has other branches in Dereham and Watton.