Care home residents celebrate a decade of Dorrington House
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Wells care home celebrated the home’s tenth anniversary with a birthday party.
Dorrington House is home to 38 residents, mostly aged between 80 to 100.
Staff and residents marked a decade since the home was founded on May 11, the day before the real anniversary.
Home owner Lorraine Dorrington said: “I can’t believe the ten years have gone so quickly.
“We had a BBQ lunch for the residents in the lounge, a visit from the local school children, an entertainer and a buffet tea and birthday cake.
You may also want to watch:
“One lovely resident really enjoyed the singer and she was dancing.”
She described the day as really special, and thanked home manager Sotak Rapley and office administrator Helen Shaw for their efforts organising the celebration.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Dorrington House is on Westfield Avenue in Wells.
The home is rated good by the Care Quality Commission, and has other branches in Dereham and Watton.