Charity gets an early Christmas present from local band
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Ukes, who have become well known for their charity work, were at it again.
A local charity can carry on supporting their community thanks to a generous donation.
First Focus, a Fakenham charity group which offers advice on health, disability, social matters, education and training was presented with a cheque for £500 at the Fakenham Ukes' Christmas party.
Clarissa Belson, co-cordinator of said: "It means the world to us we are so grateful for the money. We will use the money to support the community by being able to continue supporting individuals with mental and emotional one to one support, back to work advice and the services we provide."
First Focus on Oak Street is the latest group to receive funds from the Fakenham Ukulele band after they were nominated by a former volunteer who is part of the Ukes.
You may also want to watch:
Ukes' Bandleader, Graham Thomas said: "We chose First Focus because it's a local charity and their lottery funding is coming to an end next September."
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
- 9 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 10 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water