Charity gets an early Christmas present from local band
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Ukes, who have become well known for their charity work, were at it again.
A local charity can carry on supporting their community thanks to a generous donation.
First Focus, a Fakenham charity group which offers advice on health, disability, social matters, education and training was presented with a cheque for £500 at the Fakenham Ukes' Christmas party.
Clarissa Belson, co-cordinator of said: "It means the world to us we are so grateful for the money. We will use the money to support the community by being able to continue supporting individuals with mental and emotional one to one support, back to work advice and the services we provide."
First Focus on Oak Street is the latest group to receive funds from the Fakenham Ukulele band after they were nominated by a former volunteer who is part of the Ukes.
You may also want to watch:
Ukes' Bandleader, Graham Thomas said: "We chose First Focus because it's a local charity and their lottery funding is coming to an end next September."
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published