Charity gin and beer festival postponed
- Credit: Archant
A gin and beer festival for charity has been postponed.
Fakenham's gin and beer festival announced on Facebook that the event is on hold due to the coronavirus.
Although there are currently no reported cases in Norfolk, the charity event wanted to take no risks over the possibility of raising less money.
In a post, the organiser said: 'We have taken the very difficult decision to postpone the Fakenham Gin & Beer Festival.
'This decision has not been taken lightly. We have been following Government and WHO advice to continue as planned however it is now more likely that under the Government's 'Delay' the situation will worsen rapidly.
You may also want to watch:
'By acting now, we hope to remove the uncertainty and allow you to amend your own plans accordingly.'
The charity event is still hoping to take place at some point this year.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life