Charity gin and beer festival postponed
- Credit: Archant
A gin and beer festival for charity has been postponed.
Fakenham's gin and beer festival announced on Facebook that the event is on hold due to the coronavirus.
Although there are currently no reported cases in Norfolk, the charity event wanted to take no risks over the possibility of raising less money.
In a post, the organiser said: 'We have taken the very difficult decision to postpone the Fakenham Gin & Beer Festival.
'This decision has not been taken lightly. We have been following Government and WHO advice to continue as planned however it is now more likely that under the Government's 'Delay' the situation will worsen rapidly.
You may also want to watch:
'By acting now, we hope to remove the uncertainty and allow you to amend your own plans accordingly.'
The charity event is still hoping to take place at some point this year.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice