Charity gin and beer festival postponed
- Credit: Archant
A gin and beer festival for charity has been postponed.
Fakenham's gin and beer festival announced on Facebook that the event is on hold due to the coronavirus.
Although there are currently no reported cases in Norfolk, the charity event wanted to take no risks over the possibility of raising less money.
In a post, the organiser said: 'We have taken the very difficult decision to postpone the Fakenham Gin & Beer Festival.
'This decision has not been taken lightly. We have been following Government and WHO advice to continue as planned however it is now more likely that under the Government's 'Delay' the situation will worsen rapidly.
You may also want to watch:
'By acting now, we hope to remove the uncertainty and allow you to amend your own plans accordingly.'
The charity event is still hoping to take place at some point this year.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'