Charity gin and beer festival postponed
- Credit: Archant
A gin and beer festival for charity has been postponed.
Fakenham's gin and beer festival announced on Facebook that the event is on hold due to the coronavirus.
Although there are currently no reported cases in Norfolk, the charity event wanted to take no risks over the possibility of raising less money.
In a post, the organiser said: 'We have taken the very difficult decision to postpone the Fakenham Gin & Beer Festival.
'This decision has not been taken lightly. We have been following Government and WHO advice to continue as planned however it is now more likely that under the Government's 'Delay' the situation will worsen rapidly.
You may also want to watch:
'By acting now, we hope to remove the uncertainty and allow you to amend your own plans accordingly.'
The charity event is still hoping to take place at some point this year.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place