Cheers! Meet the new landlord and lady of historic Fakenham pub
- Credit: Archant
There are new faces behind the bar at The Bull in Fakenham.
Steve Knight and Jane Chapman have taken over the historic pub and have more than 30 years experience in the pub trade.
They were most recently running The Albion in Cromer but have also run pubs in Hunstanton and London.
“Trade in Cromer is very seasonal so we were looking for somewhere we could get to know the locals and to be busy all year round,” said Mr Knight.
“We are starting to learn about the history of the pub and so far everyone has been really friendly.”
The couple are doing bar lunches at the moment but are advertising for a chef so they can start doing evening meals.
“It is early days,” said Mr Knight, “but I would say we are halfway to where we want to be with the pub.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 4 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 5 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 7 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 8 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
“Once people realise the pub is open again we hope it will really pick up.”