Cheers! Meet the new landlord and lady of historic Fakenham pub
- Credit: Archant
There are new faces behind the bar at The Bull in Fakenham.
Steve Knight and Jane Chapman have taken over the historic pub and have more than 30 years experience in the pub trade.
They were most recently running The Albion in Cromer but have also run pubs in Hunstanton and London.
“Trade in Cromer is very seasonal so we were looking for somewhere we could get to know the locals and to be busy all year round,” said Mr Knight.
“We are starting to learn about the history of the pub and so far everyone has been really friendly.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple are doing bar lunches at the moment but are advertising for a chef so they can start doing evening meals.
“It is early days,” said Mr Knight, “but I would say we are halfway to where we want to be with the pub.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
“Once people realise the pub is open again we hope it will really pick up.”