Cheers! Meet the new landlord and lady of historic Fakenham pub
- Credit: Archant
There are new faces behind the bar at The Bull in Fakenham.
Steve Knight and Jane Chapman have taken over the historic pub and have more than 30 years experience in the pub trade.
They were most recently running The Albion in Cromer but have also run pubs in Hunstanton and London.
“Trade in Cromer is very seasonal so we were looking for somewhere we could get to know the locals and to be busy all year round,” said Mr Knight.
“We are starting to learn about the history of the pub and so far everyone has been really friendly.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple are doing bar lunches at the moment but are advertising for a chef so they can start doing evening meals.
“It is early days,” said Mr Knight, “but I would say we are halfway to where we want to be with the pub.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
“Once people realise the pub is open again we hope it will really pick up.”