Cheers! Meet the new landlord and lady of historic Fakenham pub
- Credit: Archant
There are new faces behind the bar at The Bull in Fakenham.
Steve Knight and Jane Chapman have taken over the historic pub and have more than 30 years experience in the pub trade.
They were most recently running The Albion in Cromer but have also run pubs in Hunstanton and London.
“Trade in Cromer is very seasonal so we were looking for somewhere we could get to know the locals and to be busy all year round,” said Mr Knight.
“We are starting to learn about the history of the pub and so far everyone has been really friendly.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple are doing bar lunches at the moment but are advertising for a chef so they can start doing evening meals.
“It is early days,” said Mr Knight, “but I would say we are halfway to where we want to be with the pub.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
“Once people realise the pub is open again we hope it will really pick up.”