Cheers! Meet the new landlord and lady of historic Fakenham pub
- Credit: Archant
There are new faces behind the bar at The Bull in Fakenham.
Steve Knight and Jane Chapman have taken over the historic pub and have more than 30 years experience in the pub trade.
They were most recently running The Albion in Cromer but have also run pubs in Hunstanton and London.
“Trade in Cromer is very seasonal so we were looking for somewhere we could get to know the locals and to be busy all year round,” said Mr Knight.
“We are starting to learn about the history of the pub and so far everyone has been really friendly.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple are doing bar lunches at the moment but are advertising for a chef so they can start doing evening meals.
“It is early days,” said Mr Knight, “but I would say we are halfway to where we want to be with the pub.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
“Once people realise the pub is open again we hope it will really pick up.”