When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Wells Maltings plan events for Holocaust Memorial Day
- 2 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 3 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 4 'Best one to date' - Tide festival looks ahead to event
- 5 Tis the season: Fakenham store makes pair of generous donations
- 6 Restaurant and bakery business branches out - into beauty
- 7 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
- 8 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 9 A real catch - Unique Christmas tree back by popular demand
- 10 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed