Christmas choir set to perform in South Creake
- Credit: IAN BURT
Student musicians and local choir singers are set to come together for a special Christmas opera in South Creake.
They will perform Gian Carlo Menotti’s Christmas Opera, titled Amahl and the Night Visitors, which follows the story of the three wise men and their encounter with a family living in poverty with a disabled child.
The famous single act opera was first performed in 1951 at the Rockerfeller Centre in New York and was broadcast live on American television.
The evening will also include a group of soloists performing Christmas songs by composers including Fauré, Debussy, Ravel, Wolf, Quilter and Respighi.
The opera will take place on Friday December 15 at 7.30pm in St Mary’s Church in South Creake.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 and wine will be on sale at the venue. Tickets can be purchased from Wells-next-the-Sea TIC, by telephone: 01328 710885 or online www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed