Christmas choir set to perform in South Creake
- Credit: IAN BURT
Student musicians and local choir singers are set to come together for a special Christmas opera in South Creake.
They will perform Gian Carlo Menotti’s Christmas Opera, titled Amahl and the Night Visitors, which follows the story of the three wise men and their encounter with a family living in poverty with a disabled child.
The famous single act opera was first performed in 1951 at the Rockerfeller Centre in New York and was broadcast live on American television.
The evening will also include a group of soloists performing Christmas songs by composers including Fauré, Debussy, Ravel, Wolf, Quilter and Respighi.
The opera will take place on Friday December 15 at 7.30pm in St Mary’s Church in South Creake.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 and wine will be on sale at the venue. Tickets can be purchased from Wells-next-the-Sea TIC, by telephone: 01328 710885 or online www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 2 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 7 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 8 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 9 'Please, please, please support local' - Landlords' plea for support when lockdown ends
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%