Christmas choir set to perform in South Creake
- Credit: IAN BURT
Student musicians and local choir singers are set to come together for a special Christmas opera in South Creake.
They will perform Gian Carlo Menotti’s Christmas Opera, titled Amahl and the Night Visitors, which follows the story of the three wise men and their encounter with a family living in poverty with a disabled child.
The famous single act opera was first performed in 1951 at the Rockerfeller Centre in New York and was broadcast live on American television.
The evening will also include a group of soloists performing Christmas songs by composers including Fauré, Debussy, Ravel, Wolf, Quilter and Respighi.
The opera will take place on Friday December 15 at 7.30pm in St Mary’s Church in South Creake.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 and wine will be on sale at the venue. Tickets can be purchased from Wells-next-the-Sea TIC, by telephone: 01328 710885 or online www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street