Christmas choir set to perform in South Creake
- Credit: IAN BURT
Student musicians and local choir singers are set to come together for a special Christmas opera in South Creake.
They will perform Gian Carlo Menotti’s Christmas Opera, titled Amahl and the Night Visitors, which follows the story of the three wise men and their encounter with a family living in poverty with a disabled child.
The famous single act opera was first performed in 1951 at the Rockerfeller Centre in New York and was broadcast live on American television.
The evening will also include a group of soloists performing Christmas songs by composers including Fauré, Debussy, Ravel, Wolf, Quilter and Respighi.
The opera will take place on Friday December 15 at 7.30pm in St Mary’s Church in South Creake.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 and wine will be on sale at the venue. Tickets can be purchased from Wells-next-the-Sea TIC, by telephone: 01328 710885 or online www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal