Clowning around for Children in Need in Fakenham
- Credit: Matthew Usher
They’ve been super heroes, giant babies, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Now staff at a popular Fakenham fish and chip shop believe they have come up with their wackiest idea yet, as they prepare to clown around for two good causes.
Staff at Drifters, on Oak Street, have raised more than £15,000 for Children in Need over the last 12 years by dressing up in outlandish outfits.
They will serve customers in madcap clown costumes for the next couple of days to encourage customers to donate money to Children in Need and The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at Hillington.
Donation boxes are on the counters and money raised will be divided equally between the two causes.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Felton from Drifters said: “We are finding it increasingly difficult to find costumes we can use in a working environment but feel this is the wackiest yet.”
He added: “We would like to stress a massive thank you to our customers who help our efforts by donating as much as they can over the years.”
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Elsewhere, staff at NatWest in Dereham are holding a cake sale tomorrow, which will also include a raffle, tombola and face painting.
Send your Children in Need stories and pictures to email@example.com