Clowning around for Children in Need in Fakenham
- Credit: Matthew Usher
They’ve been super heroes, giant babies, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Now staff at a popular Fakenham fish and chip shop believe they have come up with their wackiest idea yet, as they prepare to clown around for two good causes.
Staff at Drifters, on Oak Street, have raised more than £15,000 for Children in Need over the last 12 years by dressing up in outlandish outfits.
They will serve customers in madcap clown costumes for the next couple of days to encourage customers to donate money to Children in Need and The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at Hillington.
Donation boxes are on the counters and money raised will be divided equally between the two causes.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Felton from Drifters said: “We are finding it increasingly difficult to find costumes we can use in a working environment but feel this is the wackiest yet.”
He added: “We would like to stress a massive thank you to our customers who help our efforts by donating as much as they can over the years.”
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Elsewhere, staff at NatWest in Dereham are holding a cake sale tomorrow, which will also include a raffle, tombola and face painting.
Send your Children in Need stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org