Clowning around for Children in Need in Fakenham
- Credit: Matthew Usher
They’ve been super heroes, giant babies, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Now staff at a popular Fakenham fish and chip shop believe they have come up with their wackiest idea yet, as they prepare to clown around for two good causes.
Staff at Drifters, on Oak Street, have raised more than £15,000 for Children in Need over the last 12 years by dressing up in outlandish outfits.
They will serve customers in madcap clown costumes for the next couple of days to encourage customers to donate money to Children in Need and The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at Hillington.
Donation boxes are on the counters and money raised will be divided equally between the two causes.
Andrew Felton from Drifters said: “We are finding it increasingly difficult to find costumes we can use in a working environment but feel this is the wackiest yet.”
He added: “We would like to stress a massive thank you to our customers who help our efforts by donating as much as they can over the years.”
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 6 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
Elsewhere, staff at NatWest in Dereham are holding a cake sale tomorrow, which will also include a raffle, tombola and face painting.
Send your Children in Need stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org