Clowning around for Children in Need in Fakenham
- Credit: Matthew Usher
They’ve been super heroes, giant babies, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Now staff at a popular Fakenham fish and chip shop believe they have come up with their wackiest idea yet, as they prepare to clown around for two good causes.
Staff at Drifters, on Oak Street, have raised more than £15,000 for Children in Need over the last 12 years by dressing up in outlandish outfits.
They will serve customers in madcap clown costumes for the next couple of days to encourage customers to donate money to Children in Need and The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at Hillington.
Donation boxes are on the counters and money raised will be divided equally between the two causes.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Felton from Drifters said: “We are finding it increasingly difficult to find costumes we can use in a working environment but feel this is the wackiest yet.”
He added: “We would like to stress a massive thank you to our customers who help our efforts by donating as much as they can over the years.”
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Elsewhere, staff at NatWest in Dereham are holding a cake sale tomorrow, which will also include a raffle, tombola and face painting.
Send your Children in Need stories and pictures to email@example.com