Country club unveils plans for 40 houses
A private members country club is hoping to fund its expansion by building 40 houses on open space in the village.Melton Constable Country Club has applied for permission to develop 1.
A private members country club is hoping to fund its expansion by building 40 houses on open space in the village.
Melton Constable Country Club has applied for permission to develop 1.17 hectares of land into homes.
The proposed site is to the south of Grove Road and is part of the former railway, which includes the old yard and works as well as the bowling green.
Plans have been put forward by several people who all own pieces of the land and are working together. If the scheme is given the green light 40 houses will be built on the land, 16 of them affordable homes.
The application form submitted to North Norfolk District Council says:
“The country club offers the only social facility in village and since there is no village hall it plays host to meetings including the parish council, used for elections and for clubs and entertainment.”
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 8 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 9 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 10 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
Should councillors give the go-ahead nearby Grove Road will be widened and a footpath added, and 23 car parking spaces made available to local residents.
In a questionnaire handed out to local residents by planners of the 62 responses received 36 opposed the idea, 24 supported it and two were blank.