Country club unveils plans for 40 houses
A private members country club is hoping to fund its expansion by building 40 houses on open space in the village.Melton Constable Country Club has applied for permission to develop 1.
A private members country club is hoping to fund its expansion by building 40 houses on open space in the village.
Melton Constable Country Club has applied for permission to develop 1.17 hectares of land into homes.
The proposed site is to the south of Grove Road and is part of the former railway, which includes the old yard and works as well as the bowling green.
Plans have been put forward by several people who all own pieces of the land and are working together. If the scheme is given the green light 40 houses will be built on the land, 16 of them affordable homes.
You may also want to watch:
The application form submitted to North Norfolk District Council says:
“The country club offers the only social facility in village and since there is no village hall it plays host to meetings including the parish council, used for elections and for clubs and entertainment.”
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
Should councillors give the go-ahead nearby Grove Road will be widened and a footpath added, and 23 car parking spaces made available to local residents.
In a questionnaire handed out to local residents by planners of the 62 responses received 36 opposed the idea, 24 supported it and two were blank.