Creakes drama group summer revue
- Credit: Peter Bird
In their twentieth year the Creakes Drama Group has broken with tradition.
Their summer productions - dramas and comedies featuring small casts - has been put aside for this year only in favour of a potpourri of sketches entitled Summer Revue 2018.
The Show in North Creake village hall runs for three nights from Thursday 7 June. Doors open at 7.00 for a 7.30 start.
'As we are celebrating 20 years of the Creakes Drama Group we thought it would be fitting to re-visit one of two items from past shows,' said Karen Adams, co-producer with husband, Tim.
It also meant that everyone in the group could be involved instead of just a select few.
You may also want to watch:
Such was the enthusiasm for the project that the cast list, apart from the regulars, includes two new members, one of whom has just relocated to the Creakes from Sydney, Australia, and the return of early group members such as Oliver and Sarah Prince-White and Diana Redmond.
The group was founded by Ben Honniball who appeared on the West End stage before retiring to Norfolk. His expertise and skills which he brought to the Creakes gave the new group a flying start.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Road blocked following accident
- 4 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 5 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 6 From wartime heritage to modern dentistry: MP's summer in Norfolk
- 7 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 8 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 9 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 10 Mid-Norfolk breweries were hearing about CO2 shortages "several weeks ago"
Not surprisingly the group has won a number of major awards over the years for their varied summer and winter productions.
The drama group was launched after the number of people grew and expertise developed from the first show. After that, they decided to put things on a more permanent basis.
Summer Revue 2018 is mixture of humorous sketches, popular songs and dances plus one sober homage to the hundredth anniversary of the First World War by Joan Price. The musical director is Robert Hill, stage manager is Tim Adams and lights and sound are by Dave Barber.
Glimpses of My Fair Lady, television's 'Allo, 'Allo, Cole Porters' Another Op'nin, Another Show and Irving Berlin's We're a Couple of Swells give a flavour of the range of more than a dozen acts which finish with a 'Saucy Seaside Medley.
Tickets are £10 and £5 for those under sixteen. Apply to Peter Autie (Autie) 07818 696 660