Creakes drama group summer revue
- Credit: Peter Bird
In their twentieth year the Creakes Drama Group has broken with tradition.
Their summer productions - dramas and comedies featuring small casts - has been put aside for this year only in favour of a potpourri of sketches entitled Summer Revue 2018.
The Show in North Creake village hall runs for three nights from Thursday 7 June. Doors open at 7.00 for a 7.30 start.
'As we are celebrating 20 years of the Creakes Drama Group we thought it would be fitting to re-visit one of two items from past shows,' said Karen Adams, co-producer with husband, Tim.
It also meant that everyone in the group could be involved instead of just a select few.
Such was the enthusiasm for the project that the cast list, apart from the regulars, includes two new members, one of whom has just relocated to the Creakes from Sydney, Australia, and the return of early group members such as Oliver and Sarah Prince-White and Diana Redmond.
The group was founded by Ben Honniball who appeared on the West End stage before retiring to Norfolk. His expertise and skills which he brought to the Creakes gave the new group a flying start.
- 1 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 2 Work under way to stabilise 'carbuncle' property
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Plans for jubilee celebrations in Wells revealed
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Estate bringing back Feast in the Park with local street food traders
- 8 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
Not surprisingly the group has won a number of major awards over the years for their varied summer and winter productions.
The drama group was launched after the number of people grew and expertise developed from the first show. After that, they decided to put things on a more permanent basis.
Summer Revue 2018 is mixture of humorous sketches, popular songs and dances plus one sober homage to the hundredth anniversary of the First World War by Joan Price. The musical director is Robert Hill, stage manager is Tim Adams and lights and sound are by Dave Barber.
Glimpses of My Fair Lady, television's 'Allo, 'Allo, Cole Porters' Another Op'nin, Another Show and Irving Berlin's We're a Couple of Swells give a flavour of the range of more than a dozen acts which finish with a 'Saucy Seaside Medley.
Tickets are £10 and £5 for those under sixteen. Apply to Peter Autie (Autie) 07818 696 660