Search

Crews tackle fire in Wells after sofa set alight

PUBLISHED: 12:05 02 September 2018 | UPDATED: 14:45 02 September 2018

Two fire crews put out a blaze at a home in Wells after a sofa was accidentally set alight. Photo: Denise Bradley

Two fire crews put out a blaze at a home in Wells after a sofa was accidentally set alight. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

A house fire was extinguished in Wells-next-the-Sea this morning after a sofa was accidentally set alight.

Two fire engines from Wells and Fakenham were called to the scene at 10.18am, where they battled the flames in the living room of a property in Northfield Avenue.

A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We attended a house fire, where we extinguished the flames and ventilated the property.”

The fire, which occurred in a street near to Wells’ East Quay, is not believed to have been started deliberately.

Fire fighters left the scene just after 11am, where they wore breathing apparatus, and used hoses, a fire hydrant and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.

No one was thought to have been injured.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Fakenham and Wells Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Related articles

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Fakenham and Wells Times