Crews tackle fire in Wells after sofa set alight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A house fire was extinguished in Wells-next-the-Sea this morning after a sofa was accidentally set alight.
Two fire engines from Wells and Fakenham were called to the scene at 10.18am, where they battled the flames in the living room of a property in Northfield Avenue.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We attended a house fire, where we extinguished the flames and ventilated the property.”
The fire, which occurred in a street near to Wells’ East Quay, is not believed to have been started deliberately.
Fire fighters left the scene just after 11am, where they wore breathing apparatus, and used hoses, a fire hydrant and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No one was thought to have been injured.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice