Crews tackle fire in Wells after sofa set alight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A house fire was extinguished in Wells-next-the-Sea this morning after a sofa was accidentally set alight.
Two fire engines from Wells and Fakenham were called to the scene at 10.18am, where they battled the flames in the living room of a property in Northfield Avenue.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We attended a house fire, where we extinguished the flames and ventilated the property.”
The fire, which occurred in a street near to Wells’ East Quay, is not believed to have been started deliberately.
Fire fighters left the scene just after 11am, where they wore breathing apparatus, and used hoses, a fire hydrant and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No one was thought to have been injured.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'