Crews tackle fire in Wells after sofa set alight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A house fire was extinguished in Wells-next-the-Sea this morning after a sofa was accidentally set alight.
Two fire engines from Wells and Fakenham were called to the scene at 10.18am, where they battled the flames in the living room of a property in Northfield Avenue.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We attended a house fire, where we extinguished the flames and ventilated the property.”
The fire, which occurred in a street near to Wells’ East Quay, is not believed to have been started deliberately.
Fire fighters left the scene just after 11am, where they wore breathing apparatus, and used hoses, a fire hydrant and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No one was thought to have been injured.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV