Crews tackle fire in Wells after sofa set alight

Two fire crews put out a blaze at a home in Wells after a sofa was accidentally set alight. Photo: D

Two fire crews put out a blaze at a home in Wells after a sofa was accidentally set alight. Photo: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

A house fire was extinguished in Wells-next-the-Sea this morning after a sofa was accidentally set alight.

Two fire engines from Wells and Fakenham were called to the scene at 10.18am, where they battled the flames in the living room of a property in Northfield Avenue.

A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We attended a house fire, where we extinguished the flames and ventilated the property.”

The fire, which occurred in a street near to Wells’ East Quay, is not believed to have been started deliberately.

Fire fighters left the scene just after 11am, where they wore breathing apparatus, and used hoses, a fire hydrant and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


No one was thought to have been injured.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus