Burglar has short trip after stealing car and then crashing it
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A car stolen from a property near Fakenham was later found crashed and abandoned nearby.
A white Volkswagen Touareg was stolen from a house in Stibbard on Monday, September 27.
The keys to the car were stolen from the property in Wood Norton Road between 8.30 and 9.30pm.
The car was later found crashed and abandoned a short distance from the property.
No other items were taken in the burglary.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has information about the burglary to come forward.
Anyone who holds dashcam footage from the area at the time – in particular along the A1067 road between Fakenham and Guist - or anyone with information is asked to contact PC Russ Bradnam at Fakenham Police Station on 101, quoting crime reference number 36/71763/21.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 8 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 100pc anonymously on 0800 555111.