Two people caught driving in dark without lights in police crackdown
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police caught two cars driving in the dark without lights on and another going 84mph in a 60 zone during a three hour crackdown.
Norfolk Police began carrying out vehicle checks in Dereham on Tuesday, February 23 and found more than 30 offenders in the space of three hours.
The roads collision reduction team and roads and armed policing team, including PC Lister, carried out the checks in the town centre and in Scarning.
One driver was stopped on the A47 at Scarning when they were found doing 84mph in a 60 zone, while another six drivers were stopped for not wearing seatbelts.
A spokesperson from Norfolk Police said: "In three hours over 30 offences found including a disqualified driver, no insurance, six with no seatbelt, three with no L-plates and two cars drove without lights in dark."
The teams also seized one white Ford Transit van and stopped another driver using a mobile phone.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients