World War One commemorative statue stolen
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A statue commemorating the Unknown Tommy has been stolen from a roadside in Norfolk.
The World War One statue was taken from the roadside in East Rudham between 7pm on Saturday, 16 October, and 8am on Sunday 17, October.
The metal statue of the Silent Soldier was made by the Royal British Legion.
Police are appealing for anyone with information or who may have witnessed the incident to come forward.
You can contact PC Kieth Kenny in OP Solve on 101 quoting crime reference 36/77691/21.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers