Cyclist dies after road crash
Sarah Hall A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.
The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A gold Renault Clio was travelling along the B1155 towards Burnham Market when it was in a crash with a blue bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
The woman who was riding the bicycle was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious head and chest injuries, but Norfolk police said last night that she had died.
Police said they would not name the woman until next of kin had been consulted and a formal identification carried out.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 10 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
The 30-year-old female driver of the Clio was treated for minor injuries.
Both come from the North Norfolk area.
A medical team from the Magpas emergency medical charity was sent by police helicopter as well as a land ambulance and rapid response team.
A spokesman from Magpas said Dr Lorraine Greasley, who flew with paramedic Dan Cody from the charity's base at RAF Wyton in Huntingdon, carried out an immediate procedure by the roadside before escorting her in the police helicopter to hospital.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen either the Clio or the pedal cycle travelling in the area prior to the crash or anyone who witnessed the crash itself.
Contact PC James Vyse at Swaffham Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.