Cyclist dies after road crash
Sarah Hall A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.
The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A gold Renault Clio was travelling along the B1155 towards Burnham Market when it was in a crash with a blue bicycle.
The woman who was riding the bicycle was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious head and chest injuries, but Norfolk police said last night that she had died.
Police said they would not name the woman until next of kin had been consulted and a formal identification carried out.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 7 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 8 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 9 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The 30-year-old female driver of the Clio was treated for minor injuries.
Both come from the North Norfolk area.
A medical team from the Magpas emergency medical charity was sent by police helicopter as well as a land ambulance and rapid response team.
A spokesman from Magpas said Dr Lorraine Greasley, who flew with paramedic Dan Cody from the charity's base at RAF Wyton in Huntingdon, carried out an immediate procedure by the roadside before escorting her in the police helicopter to hospital.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen either the Clio or the pedal cycle travelling in the area prior to the crash or anyone who witnessed the crash itself.
Contact PC James Vyse at Swaffham Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.