Cyclist dies after road crash
Sarah Hall A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A 57-year-old woman cyclist has died after a road crash, police have confirmed.
The crash happened at about 5.15pm on Thursday on the B1155 at Burnham Overy Staithe.
A gold Renault Clio was travelling along the B1155 towards Burnham Market when it was in a crash with a blue bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
The woman who was riding the bicycle was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious head and chest injuries, but Norfolk police said last night that she had died.
Police said they would not name the woman until next of kin had been consulted and a formal identification carried out.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 10 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
The 30-year-old female driver of the Clio was treated for minor injuries.
Both come from the North Norfolk area.
A medical team from the Magpas emergency medical charity was sent by police helicopter as well as a land ambulance and rapid response team.
A spokesman from Magpas said Dr Lorraine Greasley, who flew with paramedic Dan Cody from the charity's base at RAF Wyton in Huntingdon, carried out an immediate procedure by the roadside before escorting her in the police helicopter to hospital.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen either the Clio or the pedal cycle travelling in the area prior to the crash or anyone who witnessed the crash itself.
Contact PC James Vyse at Swaffham Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.