Popular music event Deepdale Festival returns for second year on north Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
Original musical talent is set to descend on the north Norfolk coast for a weekend of rock, blues, country, spoken word and more.
Deepdale Backpackers and Camping will be opening its grounds during the last weekend of September and will see the Deepdale Festival celebrating artists by hosting more than 30 acts over three days.
Festival director Chris Haycock said: “I love being surrounded by musicians and creative talent, and Deepdale Festival is about these fantastically creative people all gathering in one lovely place to make great music.
“After the success of our first Deepdale Festival in 2017, it is wonderful to see the support for this event both from artists and visitors.
“Our whole crew are looking forward to hosting what should be a very special weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
The headliners for this year include The Vagaband on the Brick Barn Stage on Friday evening. They are a roots-rock band who have developed a national following.
The Thinking Men headline the same stage on Saturday night while the Shackleton Trio, with self-penned songs, will headline the Orchard Stage.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
And Das Fenster and the Alibis will close the festival on Sunday evening with a fittingly dramatic set on the Brick Barn Stage.
Other artists and bands include Alden Patterson and Dashwood, Lisa Redford, Sam Coe and The Long Shadows, Tilly Moses, and the Sheringham Shantymen.
Jason Borthwick, managing director of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping, said: “It’s a great feeling to see customers loving the events we put on.
“With Chris’ musical knowledge we’ve really begun to establish Deepdale as a great place to find live music, and both the artists and music lovers return again and again.
“We host live music every month, throughout the year, and the Deepdale Festival is the pinnacle of that musical year.”
Deepdale Festival takes place in Burnham Deepdale from Friday September 28 to Sunday September 30.
Weekend day tickets are £30 for adults, £15 for children aged 16 and under, and individual day tickets are also available.
The campsite and both hostels are now full but a list of local accommodation with availability can be viewed on the festival website, along with other details, at www.deepdalefestival.co.uk.