Warning over delays on major A-road during £22,000 roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Delays are ‘likely’ on a major road as roadworks are undertaken to repair the damaged carriageway.
Work on the A1065 Fakenham Road at Lexham will take place on Monday, September 16, with temporary traffic lights in place for the duration of the day.
To minimise disruption, the resurfacing will be carried out under restricted working hours of 9am to 4pm and will only take the day to complete subject to weather conditions.
The site is located around one mile south of the crossroads with the B1145, but vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained.
Costing £22,000, the work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's (NCC) community and environmental services department and their contractors.
You may also want to watch:
NCC has thanked the public in advance for their patience while the work is completed.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn