Ex-City stars to play against soldiers in charity game
- Credit: Ian Burt
Former Norwich City players are among a team of 'Allstars' set to take on a squad of soldiers in a charity football match in Dereham on Wednesday.
Darren Huckerby, Ryan and Rossi Jarvis, Robert Fleck and Bob Taylor have all confirmed they will take part in the game at Aldiss Park in aid of the Royal British Legion.
They will play a team from the 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, based at Swanton Morley, in the fixture organised by Paul Sandford from the town's Railway Tavern pub.
Some of the QDG play for a pub team and Mr Sandford said they asked him last week if there was any chance of a remembrance game.
He then rang all his contacts and has put together a competitive team.
You may also want to watch:
'The colonel said he was sending buglers to fanfare the players onto the pitch,' he said.
Kick off is at 7.30pm and entry costs £5.
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
The bar will be open from 5pm and food from 6pm.