Community pool reopens after major refurbishment
- Credit: Dereham Leisure Centre
A swimming pool that had been closed for almost six months has now reopened to the public following a major refurbishment.
Dereham Leisure Centre, ran by Lex Leisure, reopened on Wednesday, December 9 after being fully drained and retiled.
Visitors will now be able to restart swimming following the successful completion of the works.
Paul Bealey, centre manager at Dereham Leisure Centre said: “It is fantastic to be open again and be able to offer local residents the opportunity to swim, have fun and get fit in what is effectively a brand new swimming pool.
"Both pools have been fully refurbished alongside toilet and showering facilities.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really pleased with what we have been able to achieve during the closure period and look forward to seeing the pools full of local people again soon.”
Following the government announcement of a new tiered system in England, placing Norfolk in Tier 2, means visitors to Dereham Leisure Centre will be able to use the newly refurbished facilities, though sessions need to be booked in advance.
For more information visit www.leisurecentre.com/welcome-back
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 5 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 6 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 7 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall