Community pool reopens after major refurbishment
- Credit: Dereham Leisure Centre
A swimming pool that had been closed for almost six months has now reopened to the public following a major refurbishment.
Dereham Leisure Centre, ran by Lex Leisure, reopened on Wednesday, December 9 after being fully drained and retiled.
Visitors will now be able to restart swimming following the successful completion of the works.
Paul Bealey, centre manager at Dereham Leisure Centre said: “It is fantastic to be open again and be able to offer local residents the opportunity to swim, have fun and get fit in what is effectively a brand new swimming pool.
"Both pools have been fully refurbished alongside toilet and showering facilities.
"I am really pleased with what we have been able to achieve during the closure period and look forward to seeing the pools full of local people again soon.”
Following the government announcement of a new tiered system in England, placing Norfolk in Tier 2, means visitors to Dereham Leisure Centre will be able to use the newly refurbished facilities, though sessions need to be booked in advance.
For more information visit www.leisurecentre.com/welcome-back
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers