Community pool reopens after major refurbishment
- Credit: Dereham Leisure Centre
A swimming pool that had been closed for almost six months has now reopened to the public following a major refurbishment.
Dereham Leisure Centre, ran by Lex Leisure, reopened on Wednesday, December 9 after being fully drained and retiled.
Visitors will now be able to restart swimming following the successful completion of the works.
Paul Bealey, centre manager at Dereham Leisure Centre said: “It is fantastic to be open again and be able to offer local residents the opportunity to swim, have fun and get fit in what is effectively a brand new swimming pool.
"Both pools have been fully refurbished alongside toilet and showering facilities.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really pleased with what we have been able to achieve during the closure period and look forward to seeing the pools full of local people again soon.”
Following the government announcement of a new tiered system in England, placing Norfolk in Tier 2, means visitors to Dereham Leisure Centre will be able to use the newly refurbished facilities, though sessions need to be booked in advance.
For more information visit www.leisurecentre.com/welcome-back
- 1 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 2 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 3 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published