Dog rescued by firefighters at Holkham
Emma Knights A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.
Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
It took firefighters about one-and-a-half hours to free the dog.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said after being rescued the dog appeared to be fit and well and was wagging its tail.
One fire crew from Wells and an Urban Search and Rescue team attended the incident.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 3 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries