Dog rescued by firefighters at Holkham
Emma Knights A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.
Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
It took firefighters about one-and-a-half hours to free the dog.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said after being rescued the dog appeared to be fit and well and was wagging its tail.
One fire crew from Wells and an Urban Search and Rescue team attended the incident.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 5 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 6 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 7 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 8 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 9 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 10 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed