Dog rescued by firefighters at Holkham
Emma Knights A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
A dog was rescued by firefighters today after it got stuck in a hole in a sand dune on the north Norfolk coast.
Firefighters were called to the scene at Holkham, near Wells, just before 8am, and it is believed the dog had been trapped for about 12 hours.
It took firefighters about one-and-a-half hours to free the dog.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said after being rescued the dog appeared to be fit and well and was wagging its tail.
One fire crew from Wells and an Urban Search and Rescue team attended the incident.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk