Firefighters rescue dog from flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews rescued a dog from a blaze at an upstairs flat in north Norfolk.
Firefighters attended a property in Northfield Waye, Wells from 7.48am on Friday, August 16 and the stop message came in at 8.19am.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said it was an accidental ignition.
A spokesman added: "Crews from Wells, Fakenham and Holt rescued a dog and used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and ladders to extinguish a fire on Northfield Waye, Wells."
The dog was an Alaskan Malamute called Rocky.
You may also want to watch:
Its owner, who wished to be known as just Hannah, said: "It was an upstairs flat kitchen fire. A family member lives at the property and looks after my dog, as I can't have him where I live.
"The dog was found in the living room. The lady underneth rang the fire brigade as my family member was at work."
- 1 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 2 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 7 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 8 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 9 'Please, please, please support local' - Landlords' plea for support when lockdown ends
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%