Don’t tell em, Pike! Dad’s Army comes to Dereham
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
It's been a TV classic for the last 40 years and now Dereham Theatre Company will be bringing Mainwaring, Jones, Pike and co to the Memorial Hall.
Their stage adaptation of Dad's Army features three classic episodes of David Croft and Jimmy Perry's beloved comedy following the misadventures of Walmington-on-Sea's Home Guard.
Donning the uniform will be Tony Wilds as Captain Mainwaring, Colin Harris as Corporal Jones and Declan Matwij as Private Pike (stupid boy!).
It also features a dynamic set, musical accompaniment and authentic costumes in its limited four-performance run at Dereham's Memorial Hall from March 9 to 11, (7.30pm nightly, 2.30pm Saturday matinee).
Tickets, costing £12, are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or from The Little Gallery in Norwich Street, 01362 690969.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.dosoc.co.uk.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Electrical pole blocking footpath set to be moved
- 4 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 5 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold