Don’t tell em, Pike! Dad’s Army comes to Dereham
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
It's been a TV classic for the last 40 years and now Dereham Theatre Company will be bringing Mainwaring, Jones, Pike and co to the Memorial Hall.
Their stage adaptation of Dad's Army features three classic episodes of David Croft and Jimmy Perry's beloved comedy following the misadventures of Walmington-on-Sea's Home Guard.
Donning the uniform will be Tony Wilds as Captain Mainwaring, Colin Harris as Corporal Jones and Declan Matwij as Private Pike (stupid boy!).
It also features a dynamic set, musical accompaniment and authentic costumes in its limited four-performance run at Dereham's Memorial Hall from March 9 to 11, (7.30pm nightly, 2.30pm Saturday matinee).
Tickets, costing £12, are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or from The Little Gallery in Norwich Street, 01362 690969.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.dosoc.co.uk.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients