Doors open with celebration for first Fakenham Screwfix store
- Credit: Archant
Opening celebrations for a new Screwfix store in Fakenham were attended by hundreds of residents who were eager to explore the tools and trade essentials.
The new store officially opened its doors on Clipbush Park, Hawthorn Way on February 1 and is part of a growing network of more than 550 stores across the country, including in Norwich, Cromer and King’s Lynn.
The Fakenham store is creating 11 new jobs in the area and it has opened its doors seven months after another store was opened in Norwich in August, creating 13 jobs.
Store manager Michala Tilson said she was proud to be offering employment opportunities in Fakenham.
“We chose to open a new store in Fakenham to better meet the needs of the local tradespeople,” she said.
“Many of our new customers previously shopped with Screwfix at our Cromer and King’s Lynn stores, so we’re delighted to bring Screwfix even closer to them for greater convenience.
“Our celebration period, which ran from Thursday February 1 and throughout the weekend until Sunday February 4, attracted hundreds of customers.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
“We have received fantastic support from the local homes or community facilities and are looking forward to welcoming and helping more tradespeople and serious DIYers over the coming months.”
The new store also bring with it the Screwfix Foundation, a nationwide initiative that supports local charities and community projects by providing donations to fix, repair or maintain local homes or community facilities.
Screwfix staff get directly involved in helping with the community projects and host charity fundraising events within the stores.
The company is encouraging registered charities in Fakenham to apply for funding from the foundation or visit the new branch and find out more.
As well as in-store retail Screwfix sells 28,000 products online or over the phone.
The new store is located at Clipbush Park, Hawthorn Way and open Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 8am-6pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
Charities can find out more about the foundation and download application forms at www.screwfixfoundation.com.