The EACH nook appeal set to benefit from author’s visit to north Norfolk coast
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A children’s hospice is set to benefit from an author’s visit to the north Norfolk coast.
Former BBC Beijing bureau chief and novelist Humphrey Hawksley will be talking about his latest book, Asian Waters, at the Wells Maltings next month.
And the money raised by ticket sales will go to the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
Mr Hawksley said: “I was born and raised in East Anglia and was thrilled when EACH opened The Treehouse in Ipswich six years ago, and am now so pleased EACH’s ambition is expanding with the nook in Norfolk.
“In my work as a foreign correspondent, I’ve witnessed the most appalling scenes of conflict, famine and poverty in which children often suffer the most. The mark of a great community is one that gives care, love, security and dignity to its most weak and helpless. The vision of the nook does exactly this for the most vulnerable children of Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
“Like many of us, I’ve experienced first-hand the struggle sick children can face in getting the professional care they need.”
The talk takes place on Friday September 28 and doors will open at 6.15pm ahead of the talk at 7pm. Guests will then have the chance to buy a copy of Asian Waters, meet Meet Mr Hawksley and get their copy signed.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
Tickets are £20 and available from www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.