Action packed events coming to Fakenham this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Running and cycling events are set to hit Fakenham this Easter as the town welcomes its third Easter Action Fun Day.
The energetic events will be held by Active Fakenham in the Market Place and surroundings areas on April 1, with people being invited to enjoy a range of races, a variety of stalls, live entertainment and a big selection of food and drink.
Among the events, there will be a 5km running race for all levels as well as a 1km fun run, with children being rewarded with a bag of treats.
Participants can choose if they want to run for a new personal best, for charity or for both.
For those more comfortable on a bike, they can take part in one or more of the four Criterium races where cyclists speed round a circuit for several laps, hoping to be the first over the line.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to feedback during previous years there will also be a new Toddle ‘n’ Trike fun race for under-5s, accompanied by an adult.
Organiser Richard Crook said: “We are really excited to be holding the third Easter Action Fun Day on Easter Sunday.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 5 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 9 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
“We are hoping it will be even bigger and better, the feedback we have had from previous years has been great and there has been some serious racing as well as many people getting out there to have a go.
“As in previous years a 1K circuit through the town centre will be closed to traffic while we hold a series of running and cycle races for all abilities and ages. The focus is on being inclusive, getting outside in the early spring and having fun.
“Booking is now open for the Criterium and running races and can be accessed through the Active Fakenham website. These are official UK Athletics RunEngland and British Cycling events and are open to everyone.
“Runners in the 5k race and riders will all be given individual chips so they can measure their time. Children entering the Fun Run will all receive an Easter goody bag and all runners get a medal.”
He added that the organisers apologised for any inconvenience that may be caused by the road closures but they hope it will be an entertaining event for Fakenham residents, as well as visitors.
For more information on the events or to volunteer on the day visit the Active Fakenham website.