Parents warned time running out to apply for primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents in Norfolk have been reminded time is running out to register children for primary school from this September.
Norfolk County Council says the closing date for registering children born between September 1 2016 and 31 August 2017 is January 15.
Applications can be made online but paper applications are also accepted and can be downloaded from the Norfolk County Council website.
Parents need to make an application for a reception class place, even if their child attends a nursery class at the same school.
A child’s attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not normally give them priority for a place at that school.
You may also want to watch:
The round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 also closes on January 15. Applications can be made online and a decision will be made by 16 April.
- 1 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 2 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 3 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 4 Norfolk teen sells drone footage to the Discovery Channel
- 5 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 9 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 10 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?